Terms and Conditions of our website and for Acceptance and Refund of Donations
The Sri Chathurvedha Vidhya Ganapathi Trust (SCVG Trust) takes your privacy seriously and treats all financial information about any transaction you have with the SCVG Trust as highly confidential. In addition, Sri Chathurvedha Vidhya Ganapathi Trust does not share e-mail addresses or phone numbers of any of our donors or constituents
The SCVG Trust deeply values all contributions to sustain our mission. To protect the privacy of our donors and their special relationship with SCVG Trust, we maintain the following policies:
- We may request personal information online, such as name, address, phone number, email address, ONLY for the purposes of accepting donations to Sri Chathurvedha Vidhya Ganapathi Trust
- We will not release or use this information for any other purpose unless we have your consent.
- We do not trade or sell your personal information with other organisations.
- We offer donors the option to be recognised anonymously.
- Donors may request, at any time, to not receive our solicitations.
- Donors may request to not receive certain mailings, such as our newsletter.
- We do not track, collect or distribute personal information entered by those who visit our website.
- Personal data collected through our website is encrypted using 256-bit AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) technology.
- Personal information stored in The Sri Chathurvedha Vidhya Ganapathi Trust database is protected with a secured login with authentication, assignment of a unique ID to each person with computer access, regular pass code changes, and user IDs are deactivated or terminated as needed.
- Our hosting data server provides data protection meeting PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard), encrypted communication via SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) technology, intrusion detection for all devices and network nodes, state-of-the-art firewall infrastructure that detects malicious application attacks, virus protection, network load balancing devices via Citrix, and patch management, security and vulnerability monitoring and tracking, and SQL server attack protection via applications to detect SQL Injection and Cross Site Scripting Attacks.
To assure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence, we assure the following :
- To be informed of the SCVG Trust's mission, of the way the SCVG Trust intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes as defined in the Registered Trust Deed of the Trust
- Donations contributed will be used to meet towards Vedasamrakshanam and Gausamrakshanam operations of the Trust.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the SCVG Trust's governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its responsibilities
- To have access to the SCVG Trust's most recent financial statements
- To receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition
- To be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing the SCVG Trust to the donor will be professional
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that the SCVG Trust may intend to share
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers
Donation refund policy
Sri Chathurvedha Vidhya GanapathiTrust follows a reliable refund policy to let our donors feel privileged about their association with us. We take utmost care about processing donations as per the mandates signed by our donors in the donor forms, both offline and online. But in case of an unlikely event of an erroneous deduction or If the Donor wants to cancel/deduct the donation, The Sri Chathurvedha Vidhya GanapathiTrust will respond within 7 working days from the date of receiving the complaint from donor. The timely refund of the wrongly deduced amount will depend on type of card used during transaction. We would require a proof of deduction of the donation amount and a written communication for refund from the donor within two days after donation.
- In such cases if the receipt already has been issued, then the Donor need to return the original receipt at our registered address.
- In the case of tax exemption certificate already issued, refund will not be possible.
- In case, the merchandise towards the payment is already couriered or the merchandise is in the process of transit, then the refund of the donation will not be possible
- Products being sold through website are products produced from the Milk, Curd, Cow-dung, Cow-urine etc, and manufactured in natural way, and hence, the quality of the product may differ in every Batch. Similarly, fertilizers and plant growth enhancing products are prepared in natural way without adding any chemicals and hence quality may differ depending upon the cow breed. SCVG Trust is not responsible in case, the products being sold does not meet the intended purpose.
- Donors are requested to do due diligence of the products independently before ordering for any product through SCVG Trust website and it is assumed that the Donors are aware of the correct usage/dosage of the products being procured and SCVG trust is not responsible for any consequences, resulting in any loss or damage due to above.
- Such Refund, would at the discretion of the Management and the merits of the case
- Currently, we accept Domestic payments only and International cards and payments are not accepted
We can be contacted for refund request through the following:
Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
What information we collect
We use personal information collected from donors for the purposes of processing payments and communicating with donors about Sri Chathurvedha Vidhya GanapathiTrust as well as conducting the fundraising and other operations of SCVG Trust. This information may include name, amount donated, address, telephone number, donor comments, e-mail address, and any other personal information provided to us (“Donor Data”). For donations by cheque, Donor Data also includes the data visible on the cheque.
Information from Payment Processors and Other Service Providers: Payment processors allow donors to give electronically using a payment services account, a credit card, or other payment method. These processors collect certain information from donors, and you should consult their privacy policies to determine their practices.
To provide donors the best possible experience, we work with service providers and may share Donor Data and other information with, or have it transmitted through, them. Such service providers include, for example, collocation facilities and bandwidth providers as well as organisations that help non-profit organizations with fundraising.
How we use that information
Donor Data may be used for these kinds of purposes:
- Distributing receipts and thanking donors for donations
- Informing donors about upcoming fundraising and other activities of SCVG Trust
- Internal analysis, such as research and analytics
- Record keeping
- Reporting to applicable government agencies as required by law
- Surveys, metrics, and other analytical purposes
- Other purposes related to the fundraising operations
Anonymous donor information may be used for promotional and fundraising activities. Comments that are provided by donors may be publicly published and may be used in promotional materials. We may use available information to supplement the Donor Data to improve the information we use to drive our fundraising efforts. We may allow donors the option to have their name publicly associated with their donation unless otherwise requested as part of the online donation process.
We use data gathered for payment processors and other service providers only for the purposes described in this policy.
The Sri Chathurvedha Vidhya Ganapathi Trust (SCVG Trust)
Regd. Office:No.26/8 Ganapathi Villa,
Ramachandra Iyer street, T.Nagar
Chennai 600 017, India.
We are committed to protecting donor personal information from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction. Among other things, we undertake a range of security practices, including measures to help secure web access to sensitive data and undertake efforts to address security vulnerabilities for various tools and databases.
We may disclose information when required by law; when needed to protect our rights, privacy, safety, property, donors, or users; and when necessary to enforce our terms of service.
We seek to retain donor-related information only as needed to fulfil the purposes described in this policy unless a longer retention period is required by law or regulations. For example, tax laws in the India may require the SCVG Trust to keep contact information and contribution level of donors on file.
You have certain rights with respect to the information we collect about you. Upon request, we will tell you what information we hold about you and correct any incorrect information. We will also make reasonable efforts to delete your information if you ask us to do so, unless we are otherwise required to keep it.