Our Vedashram Videos
Extreme Execution Capabilities
- All Teachers and key staff reside inside the campus offering 24/7 attn and support.
- Academic education in parallel
- Sanskrit education given utmost importance.
- 2 Full time Sanskrit Adhyapaks with Digital aids
- Meritocracy motivated and rewarded.
- Aksharabhyasam till Ganantham and Prayogam – All under one roof.
- Best Education within prescribed duration.
- Children lead a Happy life here with all their basic needs met by the Organisation.
- Children are taken for long tours to places of Historic and Spiritual significance every year.
Continuous Improvement Initiatives
- Grown from a 4 student base in 2012 when we started our Vedashram to 145+ in 2019
- We have growth plans to become a 550 base institution by 2025
Residential Veda Camp for Non Vedic Children
- Conducted 10 batches so far
- 700 school kids - Brahmin boys in the age group of 10 to 14 were oriented on our rich culture and tradition.
- Conducted 2 weeks of residential camps for these kids in 10 batches from 2013 during their summer vacation.
- Trained them on Sandhyavandhanam, Samithadhanam, Sri Rudhram, Vishnu sahasranamam, Ganesha Atharvasirsham and other slokhas.
- Invited guest lectures by eminent scholars for them.
- Indoor and outdoor games arranged inside our Ashram campus to keep their spirits upbeat.
- Various activities like performing poojas, feeding cows, gardening, yoga, visits to nearby temples, poor feeding included as part of the curriculam.
- Trained them to do all their daily routines themselves.
Facilities for the Vidyarthis
- Sanskrit, English, Maths, Yoga and physical education being organised for the vidyarthis
- Tied up with Ahobila Mutt School in Madhurantakam for taking 10th and 12Th exams
- Exams / Certificates in Vedas by Veda Rakshana Nidhi Trust
- Common Dormitory Stay free of cost
- Free food
- Milk / Tea at early morning – 5.00 am
- Breakfast – Tiffin / Pazhayamudhu at 8.00 am
- Lunch with Curry / Koottu, Sambar, Rasam, Butter Milk
- Snacks at 4.00pm – Sundal, Biscuits, Milk / Tea
- Dinner - Rice, Sambar, Butter milk; Tiffin on Ammavasai and Masa Pirappu
- Idli for Breakfast once a week and Chappathi on every Saturday night.
- 5 weeks leave during Summer - from 4th week of April till end May every year.
- One mobile phone available with admin co-ordinator for parents to reach their wards
- Visits by parents on unadhyayana dhinams with prior information
- Stay facilities available for visiting parents.
- Medical Insurance coverage of Rs. 1 lakh each for all Vidhyarthis and staff, spouse and children.
- Periodic medical camps conducted and medical records maintained.
- One full time student wellness manager ensures holistic grooming of Vidyarthis and update parents on their wards' progress
- Indoor and outdoor play equipments for students' physical wellness
Nativity of Vidyarthis
Vidyarthis Hail From
- City of Varanasi
Total - 141
- 2013-14 - Kramantham Poorthi – 5 students
- 2014-15 - Ganantham Poorthi – 5 students
- 2015-16 - Kramantham Poorthi – 4 students
- 2016-17 - Kramantham Poorthi – 6 students, Ganantham Poorthi – 2 students
- 2017-18 - Ganantham Poorthi – 2 students, Kramantham Poorthi – 3 students
- 2018-19 - Ganantham Poorthi – 2 students
Many of our Vidhyarthis have won prizes in the inter patashala competitions and scored very high marks in periodic external examinations conducted by
- 2013-14 - Kramantham Poorthi – 5 students
- Veda Sastra Udhdhejaga Sabha,Pune
- Chakyabhi Vardhaga Nilaya Veda Sastra Pariksha, Sariballi, Andhra Pradesh
- Sringeri Saradha Peetam and
- Om Charitable Trust
Daily Routine for Vidyarthis
- 4.30 - Get up
- 5.00 - Pooja for the deities
- 5.30 - Sandhyavandanam & Samithadhanam
- 8.00 - Breakfast
- 8.30 - 11.00 – New Patam
- 11.30 - Madhyanikam
- 12.00 - Lunch
- 1.00 - 2.30 Break
- 2.30 - 4.00 Patams
- 4.00 - 5.30 Snacks and Playtime
- 5.30 – 6.15 Sayam Sandhyavandhanam & Samithadhanam
- 6.15 to 8.15 Pata reharsals, Vishnu sahasranamsm and other Slokhas.
- 8.30 Dinner
- 9.00 Sleep
Academic subjects in after noons – scheduled in between Vedhic classes in batches
SCVG Vedashram – Points for Consideration
For Parents of children
- Committed and good Adhyapaks
- Excellent infrastructure
- Good Accessibility ( Near Chennai )
- Holistic education including Sanskrit, Yoga, basics of english, maths etc.
- Only institution offering higher studies in Shukla Yajur Veda in TN
- Potential to pursue higher vedic learning like Sastra vichara, bhashyam, vedantam etc
- Constant growth and progression
Vedic support extended to Other Institutions
- Swaminathar Trust, Cuddalore
- Om Sri Skandhasramam, Salem
- Sri.Sarguneswarar Veda patashala, National College Campus, Trichy
- Sri Saradhambal Charitable Trust, Sengottai
- Sri Rama Vedapadasala, Kettavarampalayam
- Sri Raghavashram, Mambakkam , Near Vandalur, Chennai
SCVG Vedashram extends continuous academic supervisory support to these institutuions